Saturday, September 27, 2014

Lost Blog Entries

I am very upset! I feel as if I have been burgled!
 There are whole sections of my blog that are disappearing! For instance, in July I have lost several entries including the entry  about the Bad Grandmothers of the Island of Mayotte, (which was a personal favourite) I have also lost all the entries about the Prince Claus Foundation and the tree planting, and most of the entries about my bogolan adventures in Diabolo in August! They have simply disappeared from the blog unless one taps in a special search word in the blogsearch, then these entries appear again.
And of course, it is impossible to write to the blog people. I can only vent my ire in a forum! I know it is only a blog, but I feel quite possessive about this- it is mine and it is my creation, just to be a little pretentious about it...but there is nothing to say that it will not be just wiped off tomorrow, just like that!

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Don't be too precipitate in your despair. What I wrote to you, quite apart from reassuring you that nothing is actually lost, was that I'm sure there's more over a page, but there's no way of turning that page as your settings stand. My sidebar pops up all the posts for each month I click; yours doesn't. If you have time, go in and check the set-up for that page. Sorry I can't help you further from here.

And - advice I haven't taken for ages - take copies of each entry and save them.

10:19 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

David dearest,
I don't understand what you mean, am to much of neanderthanl when it comes to anything to do with computers! I have been doing this for 8 years and this has never happened before! Thanks for trying to help- I will of course start saving the posts elsewhere too...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

I thought I'd lost some posts one time, too, but they were there, after all. Hopefully there is some blog-savvy teenager in your neighborhood there who can fix your settings.

9:26 PM  
Blogger DB Stewart said...

Very irritating indeed.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home